Entries open 1 July 2019 and closes midnight 14 August 2019
• Sculpture that references the history and culture of the Wollombi valley are welcomed.
- All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and completed within the last 5 years.
- All entries must be of completed sculpture. No drawings or works in progress will be considered.
- You may submit up to 3 sculptures. Multiples that form an installation may be sold individually.
- All works must be for sale
- While all materials are eligible for entry, delicate or ephemeral pieces prone to disintegration are discouraged.
- Outdoor works considered must withstand harsh weather conditions including sun, extremely strong winds and rain, as well as wildlife intrusion and not pose a risk to the general public.
- A selection of small indoor sculptures will be in the Fireshed Gallery. Only works that fit on a plinth 40 cm wide x 40 cm deep or less, or that have a maximum footprint of 40cm x 40cm or less will be considered. If your work requires a plinth it is the artists responsibility to provide a suitable, freshly painted white plinth.
- All works which need electrical power must be single phase 240 volt, maximum 2 Amp current draw. Please ensure that all wiring is verified by a licensed electrician.
Selection panel will be the curator and members SINV 2019 Exhibition team. Artists will be notified of their selection by 30 August The selection panel reserves the right to invite artists to exhibit without selection.
Site location: Sculptures will be located in the participating vineyards and at key locations within the village. The placement of works will be at the discretion of the curator.
Installation: will take place in October, dates to be confirmed. Artists will be given specific time for installation and are required to meet with a member of the SINV team before proceeding to install. Artists must bring their own tools and assistants to install and de-install their work. Sculptures must remain onsite until the close of the exhibition at 4pm Sunday 10th November. Multiples may be removed as they are sold.
Conservation policy; It is the responsibility of the artist to maintain the work for the duration.
Transportation to and from the site: artists are responsible for the transport of their sculptures to and from the exhibition. Artists are responsible for removing all packing materials from the site. SINV does not store any packing materials. All freight and transport costs are the responsibility of the artist, including arranging delivery of sold works with the purchaser.
Security, liability and insurance: The artist is responsible for ensuring the installation remains safe at all times. All instructions from SINV exhibition team or host venue must be complied with promptly. Artworks will be assessed for safety after installation. A PDF of the risk management Plan is available on the SINV website.
It is highly recommended that sculptors with larger outdoor sculptures, 1m high and over, obtain Public liability insurance, NAVA can assist with this.
Copyright, photographs, and catalogue: Artworks will be photographed in-situation by SINV 2019 photographer. Artists own the copyright of their work and license SINV to reproduce images in publicity, media releases, website and other promotional materials including social media.
Artists are to supply a brief artist statement, which will be used in the catalogue and up to 3 high quality photographs of each work, one of these will be reproduced in the catalogue. Photographs must be larger than 1MB and less than10 MB.
• Complete the online entry form one form, for each entry.
• Upload all support material and photographs.
• Pay the entry fee by Direct Deposit: $40 for the first entry and $10 for each subsequent entry, 3 in total.
Sculpture in the Vineyards BSB: 637-000 ACC: 718990459. Please use your name as the reference and send confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By signing the entry form artists agree to the terms and conditions and authorise the exhibition staff to move their sculpture or remove it from sale for any reason.
Sale of artworks: All artwork sold will attract a 30% commission. Artists who do not provide an ABN, will be required to complete ‘a statement of supplier’ form in the event of a sale.
Artists represented by a gallery are responsible for informing their gallery, representing galleries will receive 15% commission. Where an artist is registered for GST, it is understood that this has been included in the sale price.